18 September 2009

Laptop Update....

Oh its symptoms are this....
Its a Dell Insipron 1520 (in barbie pink weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

1. It boots up, goes past the Dell boot stage. Sometimes I get as far as the desktop after logging into it. Then nothing, the screen goes black. However, this isn't a dead screen, the screen is still on, i can tell from the backlighting that its not completely dead. If i do (and this is rare) get past the desktop and manage to get some tunes on, sometimes the tunes continue to play even when its gone blank. Sometimes the music/sounds cut off.

2. Once this has done and i can't see i have to turn it off the bad way (pressing the power button) as i can't see the shut down option on screen. When i try and reboot the screen is then dead, completely black, no light, no nothing. The computer then sounds like its rebooting over and over every 5 mins. Which is not good. If I leave this for about 30mins and come back, it goes back to step 1. It's like the laptop needs a rest after trying to turn on.

I have phoned Dell from Hell and they are picking it up in 2-3 working days and have told me it will be taking 12-15 working days to fix. WTF. Thats a long ass time.

Any advice will be welcomed, ideas and thoughts welcomed too.

Being as i can't get it to stay on i'm desparately trying to figure out how to clear the memory before i send it. I don't want Dell morons getting any details about me.

Mally (the annoyed and Dell hatey)

PS: Best person to speak to about the hunts will be Josephine Winslet (She will be away 9/24 to 9/28), Saaghir Nightfire if shes online. Theres also my group that will be available to help you too. The link is to the right.

VENDORS OF HUNTS WHO CHANGE LOCATIONS OF THINGS

Please please please don't sent me a notecard, I can't open it. If your store moves location, please only send me the SURL, no landmarks and if you have a hint change please write to me in IM, I will recieve it in Email.

Notecards and LMs I can't do anything with at the moment.